Monday 26 April 2010

King of the Terriers


As the Airedale is the largest of the terriers group they are known as The King of the Terriers. So last year, at a doggy fun day, I made a King outfit for Archie to enter the fancy dress competition. I bought some crushed velvet from my local fabric shop to make his cape and raided my card making supplies for the crown. He was lucky enough to win first prize.


I also stitched this King of the Terriers picture from a chart by Stephanie Seabrook Hedgepath. My other half and I attended a framing course a while back and I took this piece and framed it during the course.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely stitched !!! and oooohhhh how sweet is Archie in his King Arthur outfit !!! i reaaly like it !!

    Give him a biggggggggggggg royality hug from me !!!

    Have a nice happy sunny week !! hugs from Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is wonderful. It sees that you've done it with so much love!
    And Archie is a very tender and pretty dog dressed as a great king!!!!!!!!!
    Realy lovely!!!!!!!!

    thanks for your words about the abandoned dog. I have dogs and cats in the house, so I can not take him too. But I trust that he will soon be a master, ‘cause we are working.
    Ciao
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why Archie won first prize, Shirley! He looks quite regal in that cute outfit. You are very creative :) Lovely stitching, too--what a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. che belli
    anche io ho un fox terrier
    il mio è a pelo raso
    quello che hai ricamato tu è a pelo lungo ma il musetto assoimiglia molto
    ciao
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shirley, Archie is so cute in his King Arthur outfit. You are so talented. I really love the stitched picture and the framing.

    ReplyDelete