Monday 21 March 2011

Oriental Influences

I have recently been taking some photographs of my craft work and only just realised how many Oriental/Asian themed projects I have completed. These two designs are both from PINN, the first is called "Fish of Fortune". The second is a good luck symbol supposed to bring wealth. All I can say is it hasn't worked so far, LOL!

Here are some cross stitch cards I made from charts in Lets Get Crafting: Cross Stitch, Stitch and Craft and other cross stitch magazines.


The pink kimono card was made with papers from Paper Nation.

Finally, keeping to the same theme (sort of) are two scrap book pages made with photos from my holiday in Thailand some years back. The papers and embellishments are all from Anna Griffin whose papers and fabrics I love.


By the way, the bottom photo above of me with the show "girls" are actually lady men. We went to a cabaret and afterwards the "girls" posed for photos with the audience!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Asian-themed projects, Shirley. That first one of the fish is especially impressive--that must have taken you a long, long time...

    Sounds like a fun trip to Thailand, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching - you are very neat...
    Love you scrapbook. I've always fancied having a go at on of these but never got around to it... maybe this year???
    LOL. Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cross stitch cards, especially the little Chinese Doll, she is really sweet.
    I too love Anna Griffin fabric and papers, happy crafting,
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete