Thursday 7 April 2011

Everythings Coming Up Roses

Not just roses, everything else is coming into flower too. I love this time of year with the expectation of warmer days and longer evenings. Yesterday was so hot, we came back from shopping via the beach and there were lots of people laying on the sands and the ice cream van was doing a brisk trade. I don't know if it will last, you have to make the most of it when you can here and whisk those shorts and sandals out while the goings good, LOL.I've never considered myself a flowery person but I seem to have completed quite a lot of floral projects. The knitted roses were made with a vintage pattern from my collection and the daffodils below are my one and only attempt at glass painting. I have all the equipment but cannot seem to find the time to do more. It's simply a case of too many crafts, not enough time.

I have planted three types of tomatoes from seed this year and they are already shooting up. I just hope they grow as big as this crochet tomato pincushion I made with a pattern from Annies Attic.
I am not much of a gardener and don't have much success with flowers so I tend to stick to the papercrafting variety below. The last two cards were made with papers from Anna Griffin, one of my favourite designers. Enjoy the sunshine all.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful things !!! i like your rosses !! lovely.....love love Ria....xxx.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Shirley. My sister gave me a beautiful glass she had painted with poppies. After one use it was put in the dishwasher by mistake....whoops...goodbye to her stunning creation. Your glass painted daffodils are really lovely. Knitted roses are brilliant and cross stitched rose is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards & your roses are fantastic...
    So true about the weather - I just hope this isn't our summer :( .....!!
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just love coming to your blog to see all that you have been up to. LOVE your knitted roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations all, Shirley! I especially love the cards for your mother. They are so nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shirley!
    I have never seen knitted roses before,
    so pretty!
    Lovely cards and of course the stitched rose was my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the cards.Where did you get them at. I would like to stitch some too and yours are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your flowery post - the roses you made are amazing! I also loved the Stanley in the last post, he's gorgeous! Have a lovely rest-of- the-week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Those roses are beatiful!!!!! I enjoy reading your blog and I will make sure to come back and read it !!!!

    ReplyDelete