Thursday 6 June 2013

Summer is Here!

Can't believe summer is finally here after such a long hard winter.  I have slapped the fake tan onto my pasty pins and am making the most of the outdoors before it all ends.  The summer is so short if you don't get out there, like that Boots commercial, you will miss it.

Although I have not been using my computer I have still been crafting.  I'm doing a block of the month course with Craftsy as I have always wanted to make a quilt but joined late so I have only managed the January and February blocks so far.  I hope to catch up eventually.

I have finished the large cross stitch project I was working on - a map of Norfolk by Heritage Crafts.  This is the fourth of these maps I have worked, not sure where the other three went to, will have to try and dig them out although I haven't seen them since we moved house.
I have been in an embroidery mood lately and just finished Cornfield with Poppies by Rowandean.  It had been in my stash for several years so thought it was about time.
Saw this hydrangeas kit in my local craft shop and decided to give  it a go. Only took a couple of nights.  It is by DMC.
Then I found this flower basket kit which was given away with the now defunct Needlecraft magazine
 I have found four embroidery kits that have been in my stash for about 20 years!  I have started working one of these now.
 We are still trying out the recipes from our Wagamama recipe book and here is the Chicken Ramen.  Very tasty.  Because I don't eat meat I always substitute chicken in recipes for Quorn fillets. As you can see it looks just the same and tastes good too. 
Wilberforce's eyes have now cleared up and his buster collar, much to his relief, has been removed.  Here is a picture of him and Higgins playing in the paddock yesterday.  We have booked Wilbsy in at the grooming parlour as he is looking so scruffy - we had to leave it until his eyes were better.
 
Have fun and enjoy the summer.

8 comments:

  1. Summer is here too finally !!...grat weather.....enjoy it darling....love Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom flipped when you saw your Cornfield with Poppies embroidery! Her favorite flowers are poppies but then she saw the hydrangea and got all nutty again! Your work is just beautiful!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have been busy crafting beautiful things. We are all glad that Wilberforce is free of the Collar of Misery and hope he stays that way.
    Sherry, Alanis & Miro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilting and stitching.

    My DD doesn't eat meat so I might try this recipe! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are looking lovely Shirley...I love the pretty floral fabrics and your embroidery is beautiful!
    Hope you all enjoy this sunshine,
    Happy Tuesday!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog! Just love yours and your blog name is wonderful! Great projects too! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have been busy, Shirley--so many lovely projects. The map of Norfolk is amazing... I'll bet that took quite a long time to finish.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased to hear that Wilberforce's eye is better Shirley. I am using Ted's old Buster collar as a cloche in the garden. You have so many lovely projects. I especially love your Cornfield and Poppies embroidery...WOW ! Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete