Wednesday 19 June 2013

This and that

I seem to be doing a bit of everything at the moment, hopping from craft to craft but I have managed a few finishes.
I am still going through an embroidery phase and this is the first of four designs in a kit I have had for about twenty years!  It came as a free gift when I joined a book/craft club.  Here are the other three designs:
 
I have now blocked the filet crochet piece I was working on.
 
I was going to buy a blocking kit but at 25 quid, including a yardstick (which I already have) I thought that a bit steep. So I bought a pack of welding rods for 2 pounds and using my cutting board with a sheet of plastic over, pinned it to size whilst damp, using the grid. Once dry I gave it a couple of burst of spray starch and voila...
The finished panel.
The March panel from my block of the month course is now completed.  I am not sure about the outer fabrics.  The centre is o.k. but I may redo the lilac/pink and blue section or else add some embroidery as I am not entirely happy with it.  I will leave it for now and have a think when a few more are finished.
 I am still working my way through the Wagamama cook book, I think this, the Teriyaki stir-fry is the best so far.  As with the other recipes I subsituted the chicken for Quorn.
I have just started knitted a dog, I think it is obvious what breed, ha ha.  It looks a little weird at the moment but will hopefully have it finished next time.

3 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see the AirePup finished!
    Our mom just loves the embroidered pansies. They're one of her favorite flower!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such an amazing variety of crafty things - I take my hat off to you. All gorgeous too & I'm loving the knitted dog - looking forward to seeing the end result. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed seeing so many different crafts today, Shirley--you are so multi-talented :) The embroidered pansies are so pretty--reminds me of a piece I did for my grandmother years and years ago...

    ReplyDelete