Sunday 13 October 2013

Staying out for the summer

This summer has been such a scorcher, the best I can remember for years that we have been making the most of it and been out and about.  On Monday I went out wearing a t-shirt but yesterday it changed so I think winter is finally on its way.  Finished my Airdale Terrier, it is from Knit your own dog: the second litter by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne,  I used the recommended wool, Rowan fine tweed.  It took no time to knit but was a bit fiddly to put together.
Here are some pictures of the boys enjoying the sunshine on holiday, Wilbur at Hunstanton beach and Higgins under a bench trying to find some shade.
 
 
I have now returned to my craft room and computer although it is still very slow.  We complained to our broadband provider but because we are quite isoloated here there is no decent coverage so it seems I have just got to put up with it!
 
As well as the Block of the month course I have signed up for crazy quilting too, here is my work in progress.  I am just adding too it a little at a time so it will take me a while before I am finally happy with it.

It was my birthday last month and I chose some goodies from Hobbycraft.  I got a new Sizzix big shot and amongst my other gifts I bought these reindeer hearts kit from Docrafts, Christmas in the Country range.  I like to make a few new decorations ever year but it seems to come around faster every year.



4 comments:

  1. Owww you have such a sweet dogs ...love to read your post...love Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your knitted Airedale! That is so cool! We need to get our mom to knit us one!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitted Airedale is BRILLIANT Shirley. I wonder if I could knit a Spaniel like our Charlie ? Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE your knitted ADT! Well done. Hootie thinks it's a Welshie though. Bol. You have a craft room?? Holy cow, you are really a talented hooman. Cool.
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRocketDog and Hootie

    ReplyDelete