Tuesday 19 March 2013

If you want to get ahead.....

get a hat (groan), couldn't resist that.    Hats are essential wear in this part of the world.  If you are not wearing one when the wind whips off the North Sea your hair ends up looking like a haystack in a high wind.  I have just finished these two.  The top one is crocheted with a knitted band.  The pattern is available to buy as a download from Interweave's website.

This one is crocheted Bruges lace, the pattern is in Interweave's crochet accessories book I got for Christmas.  Wilberforce does not look very impressed with it.

It was John's birthday last week and I bought him a sweatshirt and then needlefelted it with this fish motif.  He had seen it in one of my craft books previously and said he would like it.  The black labrador card is 3D decoupage although you can't tell from this photo.
 I have managed to do a bit of sewing recently - this credit/loyalty card pattern was free online from warehousefabrics inc.  and for the lining I used some pink fabric leftover from yet another hat I made. 

I have stitched another fashion sketch from "Fashions of Yesterday and Today" but my camera went doolally yesterday so I haven't been able to take a picture.  I did finish this black labrador kit from Heritage Crafts which has been on the frame for a while.  It really reminds me of our darling Sidney, so lifelike.

4 comments:

  1. We always love to see what you're up to. You look so cute in your crocheted hat, Wilberforce!
    What a cool way to personalize a sweatshirt! The fishie is awesome!
    Your mom is so supertalented!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you've been busy, Shirley!! Such great hats--and I'll know to wear one if I ever visit your windy part of the world :) Love your model, Wilberforce!! John's sweatshirt turned out so well--such a personalized gift and card. I can't imagine stitching with all that black, but your Lab piece is a masterpiece...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a talented lady - lovely projects... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects...love the crocheted hats!

    ReplyDelete