Wednesday 13 November 2013

Mr Fox Stole My Heart

That is the name of my latest knitty finish - an animal friendly fox stole.  The pattern is from Stephanie Dosen's book, Woodland Knits.  I used Aran weight yarn doubled so it was very quick and only took me a few days.  I love him and look forward to wearing him now the weather is turning colder.
I always have numerous bags throughout my house with either part-finished projects, ones that are finished and need putting together and sometimes just the materials for a new project.

The amount of bags has been getting out of control recently so I have been trying to finish some projects off.  This crochet wrap scarf jacket was started about 18 months ago but my tension was not even on the pieces I'd finished so I ripped it back and restarted.  It didn't take long to crochet and I even made the buttons to match.
One of my longest UFOs has to be this Rupert the Bear, it took me 12 years+ to sew the pieces together and finally finish him.
 The Airedale Terrier Amigurumi also took about 18 months, it is the sewing together that does my head in although I am pleased with him now he is finished.  The crochet pattern is available as a download from Planet June.
As if I don't have enough crafty projects already, I recently enrolled on a scrapbooking course.  Although I have been scrapbooking for years I thought it would give me the impetus to finish some more pages and maybe learn some new techniques at the same time.  The course included nine pages but I have only managed three so far.
 This one reminds me of when we had the four boys all together and the fun and happy times we shared and the other is my first page featuring Dudley.
 
Talking of pets, there was an article in the paper the other day that said one in four women love their pets more that their partners.  Now, I am not saying that is true in my case but the cartoon next to it made me chuckle:


4 comments:

  1. Love that fox scarf !!...lovely evening...love Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your foxy scarf is awesome but we love the crocheted Airedale the bestest! You did a beautiful job!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative, Shirley!! I remember my grandmother having a real fox fur stole like that--yours is so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - all those projects being done - well done you... I still have stuff from years back waiting for attention but I never seem to get around to it.
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete