Tuesday 5 November 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


As most crafters know, you can never start your Christmas projects too early.  In fact many, including me, make them all year round.

I have made a few new decorations this year including these three, I just have to decide how to finish them off .
 
 I like to try any new craft magazine that comes out and no. 1 of Love Patchwork and Quilting is a good one.  It came with a kit to make a patchwork Christmas bauble but with careful cutting and stitching I was able to make two from it.
I don't make so many cards these days but was determined to make a few for special people this year.





Of course, no Christmas is complete without some sweets and this recipe is one of my favourites.
 
 Unlike many recipes this one uses milk instead of cream or condensed milk so as long as you have a bag of dessicated coconut in the cupboard you can make it when the mood strikes.
I even spotted the ideal Christmas jumper in a magazine, no not one of the corny reindeers or robins type and when I went to Wallis to buy it there was 10 pound off  too.  I didn't go for the matching trousers though, head to toe leopardskin may be a bit too Bet Lynch from Coronation Steet or Kat from Eastenders! I will wear it with my skinny jeans instead.
 
The boys love all their presents at Christmas although it is pretty much Christmas every day in our house with all the treats they get.  John got them a bag of giant sausages (about 18" long) although by the time I went upstairs to get my camera this was all that Higgins had left.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely makes and your cards are gorgeous Shirley...receiving a handmade card is always very special...Your lovely little dogs deserve to be spoiled..they are adorable!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely !!!!...sleep well Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts always inspire our mom. Everything she makes is so beautiful!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe, I'll make some of that for my husband as he LOVES coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creations as usual Shirley.... Loving the quilted baubles. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, Shirley--your latest cross stitching ornaments are adorable :)

    I'm sure "the boys" truly are spoiled each and every day!!

    ReplyDelete